Favorite Photos of Pears and Apples

My part of the world is still snow covered, but the snow is no longer white and pristine. Instead it is gray and dingy. Officially there's less than a week left of winter, but up here were know better than to expect instant spring. Or even gradual spring. In fact, there's a rain and snow mix on the way.

All I can think of is fruit. The scrag end of winter does this to me. Although I love citrus fruits, nothing satisfies my palate like an apple or pear, eaten with a hunk of cheese.

Pears and apples are so photogenic! Here are my favorite apple and pear photos from nearly eight years of blogging:


A trio of Bosc pears; used to make this recipe.



A lone pear


Apples and pears together


A basket of Asian pears from the farm market, Wisconsin


Lone Jazz apple, a favorite for eating, or baking


Bin of apples at the market, Cahors, France


Apple and pear with walnuts


Comments

Popular Posts