Spring Night in Paris

Renting an apartment at the foot of the Eiffel Tower - or just about anywhere near a famous attraction in Paris - puts a carnival outside your window.

You can join in the revelry or simply watch the passing parade from your balcony.

On this particular spring night, we were jet lagged and chose the latter approach to savoring Paris at night.

We nibbled on crudités and sipped wine from Provence keeping the windows open to allow the street sound to waft up to our postage-stamp-sized living room.

For me - and I am glad my husband agrees - part of travel is not always being on the go but actually slowing down a bit.

Slow travel? Very slow travel.

I love the color contrasts and the angle of this photo.

Paris, May 2007

Comments

Farmgirl Cyn said…
I think this is one of my most favorite photos! You are right...the angles are wonderful! (wish I was there)
Unknown said…
Me, too, Cyn. Let's hop a plane!
pam said…
I've never been. Want to go sooooo bad.
Unknown said…
It will be so worth it when you do go, Pam. And you will!
Christine said…
I remember your first post about this, Mimi. Mon mari and I had just returned from France and Paris and on seeing your post and where you stayed near the Eiffel Tower, I wanted to jump on the next plane and go right back!
Why don't we get all these great bloggers together who are dying as I am to go to Paris, charter a plane, and go!?!
Unknown said…
That is what we should do, Christine.

Every spring I get this yearning. Spring fever or Paris fever? Not sure.

I get obsessed.
ChazFrench said…
Oh that photo makes me smile!! I was also in Paris in May of 2007. I was there for my 40th birthday.
Wow, you really can't get much better than that view :)

Popular Posts