Gluten-Free Baked Doughnuts

Gluten-free baked doughnuts

I made doughnuts once in my life, using my great-grandmother's doughnut maker. I had mixed success. They were tasty, but a bit misshapen. I'm told Mémere put brandy in hers; I thought mine were plenty good without it.

Sadly, I never tried to perfect my efforts. I'm not a big doughnut fan. Until I tried the doughnuts pictured above, from one of the local farm markets: They are made with ground nuts instead of flour, and not terribly sweet, but oh-so-spicy. Great with morning coffee, or afternoon tea, I will certainly purchase them regularly.

But the challenge of making them myself is too delicious to resist. As it turns out, there are a number of recipes on food blogs. Here is a sampling: 

Next time I'll try it 'til I get it right.

Comments

Popular Posts