New! Sweet Ginger Girl, a Drink to Warm Your Winter

A Sweet Ginger Girl in a blue-tinted glass.

I set up my first blog more than a decade ago and called it Blue Ginger Girl. I had fun setting it up. But then I couldn't think of anything to blog about: Imagine that!



I liked the name a lot, and always wanted to name something else Ginger Girl. A cat, maybe. Or a color: Ginger Girl Blue. I love the combination of true blue with gingery-brown, too.

But instead, I came up with this drink recipe, one night when a drink sounded like a good idea. And, oh, am I glad I did. It hit the spot.

Here's how to make a Sweet Ginger Girl:
  • 3 ounces lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite)
  • 1 ounce ginger brandy*
  • dash triple sec (about 1/2 ounce)
  • dash grenadine
  • dash lemon
  • crushed ice
  • cinnamon stick
Pour soda, brandy and triple sec over ice. Add grenadine, lemon and a cinnamon stick.

I played around with the ingredients and measurements until I found a balance between sweet and zesty. It seems I never have maraschino cherries on hand, but popping one in this drink would be great. A lemon wedge would add a certain something, too.

You could easily start drinking this at Thanksgiving and continue through Valentine's Day. In moderation, of course. 

*In Wisconsin, we love our brandy.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Comments

Christine said…
I have Domaine de Canton, French Ginger liqueur. Would that work? I hardly ever use it and it's not getting any younger. :-)
Another fantastic photo, Mimi!
Unknown said…
Use it!

You may want to add more of it, too. I did the first few times, but Mr. FK thought it was too sweet.

I'm visualizing a "Mademoiselle Ginger" = not unlike Chanel's Cocoa Mademoiselle.

Thanks, Christine!

Popular Posts