Salmon and Asparagus Salad

I'll be turning to this salad more than once in the weeks ahead.

It's Lent and seafood beckons. Looking for something light, I found inspiration in Kalyn's Warm Salmon and Asparagus Salad from the archives at Kalyn's Kitchen in 2006 and have made in a Lenten tradition ever since.  My addition to the recipe consisted of roasted red pepper and sautéed almonds.

I've been a fan of both salmon and asparagus for a long time, and have made asparagus as a side dish for salmon many times. This trumps anything I have done in the past.



I love the taste pairings here. Salmon is great with any kind of salad, and even in a salad. The one below is from the kitchen at The Shoreline Restaurant in Gills Rock, just north of Ellison Bay in Wisconsin's Door County. I would normally not serve mushrooms raw, but I've never suffered from eating them raw.

Salmon and salad, warm or cold, is a great Lenten meal.


Comments

Kalyn Denny said…
So glad you liked it!
Unknown said…
One of my all-time favorites. I'll be trying a lot of your recipes come Wednesday.

Popular Posts